1. Course Registration Procedures and Precautions
1) Students can register for courses through the KU portal system during the designated period each semester.
2) Prior to course registration, course credits should be examined from curriculum descriptions to avoid over- or
3) Students can register for up to eight credits (four courses) each semester.
※ However, prerequisite courses do not count towards the credit limit (8credits stated above).
4) Courses to be registered are decided by students. However, students should be careful about courses and credits
required for graduation.
5) Since required courses differ by department, curriculum descriptions should be examined prior to course
6) Thirty credits are required for completion of the thesis track. Excluding Thesis Seminar and Research Guidance, at
least 26 credits (13 general courses) should be completed over the span of five semesters. However, since the
fourth and fifth semesters are usually reserved for thesis writing, obtaining the required credits by the third
semester is recommended. Students are recommended to take basic common courses and major required courses
7) The course registration status can be checked on the course registration page (KU Portal > Class > Course
Registration > Course Registration, and changes can be made during the course add/drop period.
8) After the course add/drop period, further course registration or change is not possible.
2. Course Registration Method
Exclusive registration URL